Filling or decoration of sponge cake can be adjusted to taste. You can add whipping cream, icing sugar, or fresh fruit slices. Western Food
Read More: Crazy Rice Recipe Similar to Red Sale
Sponge cake can be stored at room temperature away from sunlight for three days. Place the sponge cake first in a tightly closed container. Indonesian Food
You can make a vanilla sponge cake following this recipe from BBC Good Food. Berita Sepakbola
Vanilla sponge cake recipe
Ingredients (8-10 pieces)
- 225 grams of self-raising flour
- 225 grams butter, room temperature
- 225 grams of caster sugar (can be replaced with granulated or powdered sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, grated rind
- Enough liquid milk
- Whipped cream or jam for filling (optional)
- Icing sugar or powdered sugar for sprinkling
How to make vanilla sponge cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare two cake pans measuring 20 centimeters. Butter and line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one while continuing to beat.
- Add the grated lemon zest, vanilla extract, flour, milk and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Pour into the tin.
- Bake the dough in the center of the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the cake. If there is no dough sticking to the toothpick, it means the cake is done. Remove from oven.
- Remove the cake from the pan after ten minutes. Leave it to cool. Give filling according to taste and give icing sugar. Cut and serve.